After graduating as a Master of Pharmacy in 2014, Amie undertook her training at Hinchingbrooke hospital which involved rotations in various specialities. She then moved to Bedford hospital where she currently works as a Clinical Pharmacist on the coronary care and vascular surgery wards. She has an advanced interest in cardiovascular medicine, which is reflected in her enthusiasm for, and dedication to providing the best pharmaceutical care to patients.
By working closely with doctors, Amie identifies the best treatment options available for each individual patient based on their current state of physical and mental health; this includes finding alternative treatment for those with conditions including asthma, depression, diabetes, renal and liver disease, all without compromising on the level of treatment they receive.
Amie has a firm belief in patients being actively involved in their care to achieve the best outcome for each individual in the prevention and management of cardiovascular disease.
Roles and Responsibilities as a Clinical Pharmacist
- Managing a dispensary team whilst covering outpatient dispensing
- Reviewing patients’ current and new medicines initiated during their hospital stay
- Clinically screening and supplying discharge medication
- Helping patients receive optimal benefit from their pharmaceutical treatment
- Discussing the management of unwanted side effects that patients may experience when being initiated on a new medicine – this involves speaking in English, Punjabi, Hindi or Urdu based on the patient’s needs.
- Recommending alternative classes of medicines for those who are not suited to the standard combination of cardiovascular medicines due to pre-existing or newly diagnosed conditions.
- Identifying the potential interaction of new cardiovascular medicines with previously initiated medicines for the treatment of other conditions
- Training and education of nurses and junior doctors on the prescribing and administration of critical and high risk medicines
If you have any queries regarding your medicines or for information on how to gain optimal benefit from your pharmaceutical care, you can contact Amie using the options below: